Mensheds Australia has been developed to support the various individual and specific needs of men’s sheds. Over the years this has involved considerable evolution of the model, the way we operate and how we interact with individual men’s sheds at various stages of their development.
We remain steadfast in our objective to support men’s sheds that seek to be exemplary community organisations that are interested in sustainable organisational and operating structures. We are also of the view that the men’s sheds should have a degree of financial independence.
To these ends, Mensheds Australia has built its support around the best information available for the operation of a community men’s shed organisation.
- Mensheds Australia helps you to reduce your mind-traffic
The characteristics that bind Mensheds Australia people into an effective organisation
- We share similar values in a common culture of caring and sharing
- There is a shared vision and a common air of can-do co-operation
- Access to a cost effective infrastructure, increasing members effectiveness
- Capacity to reach into aspects of men's health and well being
- Activities are clustered around core competencies
- Greater access to new technologies and skills is achieved
- Information and knowledge is freely shared throughout the trusted relationships
- Capacity to make decisions more efficiently and effectively
- Tasks are delegated when there is an overload, whenever economies of scale can be achieved, new conditions arise, or a specific skill is required
- Activities that are consider non-core or non-strategic are outsourced
- Being more in tune to generating quality opportunities for improvement of men's health, well being and other issues.
- Corporate partners are more supportive because of the bigger picture
- Together we are able to move to where the opportunities and ideas are plentiful
For further information please Contact Us